The Lions Club of Naklua-Pattaya donated 10,000 baht to a woman who accidentally set her house on fire.
Club President Jaraywat Shinawat and former Pattaya City Councilman Nakorn Phonlookin joined other members in presenting the donation to Maliwan Muangnoi, 70, May 16.
Jaraywat said the money was to cover family expenses after Maliwan suffered a hand burn in the May 10 blaze at her single-story home on Sukhumvit Soi 67. She thanked the club for its generosity.
Seven emergency vehicles responded to the May 10 blaze with firefighters needing 30 minutes to control it. Damage was estimated at a million baht. Two adjacent buildings also suffered minor fire damage.
Maliwan told police she had lit a gas stove installed on her sidecar motorbike she uses to sell coffee and it burst into flames.