Tense moments when van catches fire near South Pattaya gas station

0
280
There were a few tense moments when a passenger van caught fire near the Caltex Gas Station on Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya.
There were a few tense moments when a passenger van caught fire near the Caltex Gas Station on Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya.

There were a few tense moments when a passenger van caught fire near the Caltex Gas Station on Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya.

Staff told authorities they could smell smoke after the van came into the station and parked, so they asked the driver to move the vehicle away from the station. The front of the van burst into flames shortly after.

The driver, Natechai Nummat, 29, said he had picked up tourists and parked to rest. Luckily all the passengers were evacuated in time and nobody was injured.

Municipality Police and Sawang Boriboon rescue workers were able to extinguish the fire within a few minutes after they arrived.

The source of the fire was traced back to the battery. No damage estimate was given.