It took a grisly accident for a Sattahip street dog to find a home.
Kamolphet Village resident Wannadee Wanichwisetkul, 70, called Sattahip Mayor Narong Bunbancherdsri Feb. 4 to report that a stray canine had tried to jump over her fence, but was skewered by a metal post and was now hanging on the gate in extreme pain.
Animal rescue officers arrived at the two-story house surrounded by the iron, arrow-head topped fence to find the 2-year-old dog hanging head down from a post, the metal through his scrotum.
Fire and rescue workers use heavy equipment to free the dog.
Amid large amounts of blood and yelping, Ekapol Rattanavijit cut the fence to free the animal. The dog collapsed out of shock and exhaustion but was treated and expected to recover.
Wannadee said the dog has wandered her neighborhood for years, getting food from neighbors. But residents recently had cut back on handouts and she believed the pooch had not eaten in two days. Wannadee announced she planned to adopt the dog and pay for its medical bills and ongoing care.