Fire destroys unit at Pratamnak Hill condo

Friday, 21 October 2011 From Issue Vol. XIX No. 42 By  Boonlua Chatree

A short-circuiting television is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a single unit at a Pratamnak Hill condominium.

Five fire engines responded to the Oct. 10 blaze at the Khiang Talay Condominium on Pratamnak Soi 6. Firefighters took 30 minutes to contain the fire, which destroyed a seventh-floor apartment but injured no one.

The Russian resident of the charred condo said he’d fallen asleep in front of the television and awoke due to a burning smell. He opened his eyes to find that the electrical cable to his TV had set the room alight. He tried to quell the flames, but failed and called the fire department.

Firefighters inspect damage inside a unit at Khiang Talay Condominium on Pratamnak Soi 6. Firefighters inspect damage inside a unit at Khiang Talay Condominium on Pratamnak Soi 6.

comments powered by Disqus
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Advertise With Us | About Us | Feedback | Contact Us