Fire heavily damages Canadian expat’s house in Pattaya

0
3497
The interior of the 20-million baht house was completely gutted by the fire.

Damage is estimated at 20 million baht when fire ravaged a Canadian expat’s house in East Pattaya.

Firefighters arrived at the house in Phutara Village in Nongprue Feb. 4 to find flames spreading from the second floor to the first. By the time they control the fire, damage was catastrophic.

No one was injured.

The house is owned by a 58-year-old Canadian. The fire began on the second floor and spread quickly to the first. Police suspect that the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.


Rescue workers and firefighters console the 58-year Canadian who was in a state of shock after escaping from his burning home.