PRACHINBURI, 7 November 2014 – A television assembly plant owned by Thai Habel Industrial Co. Ltd. in Prachinburi province caught fire last night at 10:00 pm. Damage is expected to be around 100 million baht.
Firefighters, municipality officials, and members of the Subdistrict Administration Organization (SAO) quickly rushed to the scene to extinguish the fire. However, the flames spread quickly as the factory contained a lot of flammable objects that were used for assembling TVs.
The factory building collapsed and was completely incinerated. It took the authorities more than 3 hours to successfully put out the fire. Fortunately, no casualties have been reported.
Officials are now trying to determine the exact cause of the fire. Initially, they predicted that the fire may have resulted from a short circuit or a floating lantern that was released nearby the area, as part of the Loy Krathong celebrations.