Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) updates on THAI flights affected as a result of the earthquake and tsunami situation in Japan.
Mr. Piyasvasti Amranand, THAI President, said that due to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the authorities have closed Narita and Haneda airports temporarily. Pending the airports opening on 12 March 2011, the following THAI flights would operate.
– Flight TG 640 on 11 March 2011, from Bangkok to Narita (Tokyo), will depart Bangkok at 2235 hours (local time), arriving in Narita at 0615 hours on the morning of 12 March, and afterward continue to Haneda.
– Flight TG 642 on 11 March 2011, from Bangkok to Narita, will depart Bangkok at 2350 hours (local time), arriving in Narita at 0730 hours on the morning of 12 March.
– Flight TG 677 on 11 March 2011, from Narita to Bangkok, will be delayed until 12 March 2011; the departure time out of Narita is pending the authorities’ approval.
THAI continues to closely monitor the situation and will post updates as we receive more information. Currently, THAI operates to five destinations in Japan:
1. Bangkok-Narita (Tokyo) v.v. – 3 flights daily
2. Bangkok-Haneda (Tokyo) v.v. – 1 flight daily
3. Bangkok-Nagoya v.v. – 2 flights daily every Monday, Thursday, Saturday and 1 flight daily every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
4. Bangkok-Kansai (Osaka) v.v. – 2 flights daily
5. Bangkok-Fukuoka v.v. – 1 flight daily
Passengers may call the THAI Contact Center in Bangkok at 02-356-1111 (24 hours), fax. 02-356-2222, www.thaiairways.com
For finding information about relatives, the public is asked to check with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand at +66 (02) 643-5000.