Number of flood victims in Perak rises, Kelantan remains unchanged

0
430

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 17 – The number of flood victims in Perak as at 8 am today showed a slight increase from last night while in Kelantan it remained the same as reported last night.

The number of evacuees in Perak rose to 867 compared to 817 last night while there are 520 in Kelantan.

Overall the number has increased to 1,387 flood victims from 1,337 last night.

In PERAK, state National Security Council (MKN) chairman said Perak Tengah recorded 689 evacuees, Hilir Perak (144) and Hulu Perak (34).

Eight relief centres are opened in the three districts to house 238 affected families.

In KELANTAN, a spokesman from the Kelantan MKN said as at 8 am, 490 victims involving 109 families were still placed at 12 relief centres in Kuala Krai.

In Machang, 30 individuals from eight families are still at the relief centre in Sekolah Kebangsaan Temangan.

Although the flood waters have receded, the victims still remained in the releif centre as they had lost their homes due floods last month.

The government is the midst of building temporary dwellings for them.

Meanwhile sunny weather in Kelantan is reported this morning.