Burning butt starts fire in Central Pattaya

0
556

A teenager who threw his cigarette butt out the window of his apartment apparently set the building on fire.

Firefighters were called to the R-Con Apartments on Soi Doodee around 2:30 p.m. Thursday to extinguish clothes burning on a veranda.

Somchai Kaewchol, 17, confessed he’d been smoking in his room and threw the lit butt outside when he was done.  The butt hit clothes hanging on a line and started burning.  The karaoke bar staffer said he’d tried to douse the flames, but needed professional help … and an ashtray.

Firefighters clear up after dousing the fire at the R-Con Apartments on Soi Doodee last Thursday.Firefighters clear up after dousing the fire at the R-Con Apartments on Soi Doodee last Thursday.

Burning butt starts fire in Central Pattaya

PMTV