The Eastern Mass Media Association held its New Year’s party at Chonburi City Hall, presenting “good person” awards to 15 local residents.
The Dec. 22 event was jointly organized with the Eastern Creative Media for Children Youth and Family Association, the Chonburi Journalists Association, the National Union of Journalists of Thailand, and the Chonburi Mass Media Coordination Center.
The party was jointly presided by Muang Chonburi District Chief Lerson Sasipong and Surasak Nitiwutworarak, vice president of the Chonburi Provincial Administrative Organization, and attended by a large number of guests and journalists.
Muang Chonburi District Chief Lerson Sasipong presides over the event.
The Eastern Mass Media Association was established in 1995 with the goal of promoting journalistic ethics and standards, working with private and government sectors for public interests, being a center for exchanging information, playing roles in providing advices, knowledge and publications to benefit society, and promoting career development for members. The association is also an agency that provides news-announcer training for the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission.
The winners of the “Good Persons of Society of the East” were:
* Sookbot School for the best school 2014, a model institute in producing good individuals for society. Principal Promote Plong-udom accepted the award.
* Suratchana Rerkchana, director of the National Public Relations Policy and Planning Division in the Chonburi Public Relations Department.
* Weera Sookjit, mayor of Pak Nam Laem Sing Sub-district in Chanthaburi.
* Paitoon Pasomsap, deputy mayor of Nongkhayat Sub-district in Phanat Nikhom District.
* Thaniya Niyomyad, director of the Information Processing Institute for Education and Development 7 in Chanthaburi.
* Suparerk Akalertlarb, advisor to the Eastern Mass Media Association.
* Worachai Promchai, president of Chonburi Journalists Association.
* Manit Samruay, former village chief of Huay Kapi Sub-district.
* Somyot Yindee, assistant of Bang Pla Soi post office in Chonburi.
* Sakulpat Jaijaroon, member of the Political Development Council, Civil Society.
* Siratcha Sopa, secretary of the National Anti-Corruption Commission Network of Chonburi.
* Athirad Ingprasarn, secretary of the Nature Council for Child and Youth Development of Huai Laeng Sub-district in Trat.
* Theerathakorn Panat-umporn, member of the working panel of the Chonburi Community Welfare Assembly.
* Thanarat Techama, member of the working panel of the Chonburi Community Welfare Assembly.
* Kanyanat Thawornsuebnukul, public relations officer and a news announcer for National Broadcasting Services of Thailand.