The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Pattaya.
Date: Wednesday December 12, 2018
Time: 10:00AM to Noon
Venue: Dusit Thani Pattaya Hotel
Address: 240/2 Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
Hotel phone: +66 (0) 3842 5611
Email: [email protected]
No appointment necessary, services are provided on a first come – first serve basis.
To expedite your service, please consider arriving with your documents filled-out completely, correctly, and NOT signed. Documents, forms and applications can be accessed at http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Services offered and official exchange rates on 12 December 2018
* 3,740 THB- Renewal of adult passports
* 3,910 THB- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
* 4,930 THB- Renewal of first adult passports
* 4,930 THB- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
* 3,910 THB- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
* 1020 THB- Adult passport card
* 510 THB- Minor passport card
* 1,700 THB (per notary stamp) – Notary– including Income Affidavits
Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 34 THB to 1 USD
Please Note: You must bring copies of your passport bio-data page and each supplementary document required with a passport application per the online instructions. Please follow all relevant passport renewal instructions according to above links. Original documents will be returned to the applicant, however, the copies will not.
Important: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in-person.
Payment Method: Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a bank draft.
All bank drafts must be:
* Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB). (There is no need to have an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft) (Kasikorn Bank calls a “Bank Draft” a “Bill of Exchange”)
* Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok.” (No variations, errors, or typos are permitted. Do not write on or make any markings on the bank draft.)
* In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
* Submitted at the time of service.
* Issued within the last six months. You can show this to the bank:
และระบุสั่งจ่ายถึง “American Embassy Bangkok”
Fees and exchange rates are included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website.
* Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit cards, bank drafts from any bank other than Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, SCB or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
* The Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events and mail-in passport renewal services. U.S. Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) for services rendered on-site during normal business hours.
Return of Passport
The passport retrieval process has changed! – Beginning 1 July 2018:
Passport return by Thai Post registered mail:
Your new passport will be sent to your mailing address in Thailand through registered mail. ACS will cancel your current passport at the time of application and return it to you.
Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach event for 100 THB (separate bank draft is required).
Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
Nearby participating banks:
North Pattaya Branch
212/1-3 Moo5 Naklua
Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)
Nong Phrue Sub District
Pattaya –Naklua Branch
157/140-141 Moo 5
Nong Pru Bang Lamung
You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.
Consular reports of birth abroad and authentication of signature services cannot be processed at consular outreach events.
We are no longer able to assist with Social Security inquiries, applications and/or claims. As of October 1, 2017 all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all questions regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at [email protected] Please visit http://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.
For information on U.S. Citizen Services please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/