A 3-year-old was more scared than hurt when he got caught in the hinge of the electric front gate of his Sattahip home.
It took about 10 minutes for Sawang Rojanathammasathan Foundation rescuers to free Nattipat Chandee from the vertical vise-like grip of the gate, which swings open to allow cars to enter the driveway. The youngster, known as “Rabbit,” had gotten wedged in the hinge while trying to call his cat “Tono” in off the street.
Rescue workers support the boy whilst freeing him from being trapped in the gate.
Chandee’s father Natdanai said his boy, a kindergarten student at Thammasisri Suksa Sattahip School, apparently had been leaning through the space between the gate’s support and steel hinge when his mother pushed a button inside the close the gate, thinking the boy and cat were safely inside.
Both parents were frenzied at seeing the toddler suspended in mid-air, pinned by the gate, but the boy suffered only a fright and some minor bruises.