Banglamung Hospital opened its seventh building, a 36 million baht facility named after its largest benefactor for the past decade.
Thumrong Sombuntanont, public health supervisor of 6th Health Services Network, presided over the Aug. 8 dedication of the Chao Jiramongkol Building at the Naklua Market-area hospital. Nine local monks blessed the new facility as Banglamung Permanent Secretary Chawalit Saeng-Uthai and Chao Jiramongkol cut the ribbon.
Although built with government money, the new building was named after Chao because of the Pattaya businessman’s strong financial backing of hospital since 2003.
Chao Jiramongkol (center) and family, along with Chonburi Permanent Secretary Chaowalit Saeng-Uthai (2nd from right), cut the ribbon to open the new Chao Jiramongkol building at Banglamung Hospital.
Among his many gifts were 900,000 baht in medical equipment, land in front of the hotel, an infant incubator, cash to poor patients and his work in raising money’s for the hospital’s 80th Anniversary Building.
At the ceremony, Chao extended his record of generosity, donating 3.36 million baht for 28 nursing-school scholarships.
The Chao Jiramongkol Building is spread over five rai and rises five floors. It’s the seventh building on the hospital campus, which started as a single structure in 1938 at the Old Naklua Market. It cares for 250 inpatients and 1,200 outpatients a day.