Technology, disaster, epidemic, war and international politics – and their impacts on people with disabilities – will be the focus of the Workability Asia Conference at the Mahatai Pattaya Convention Center Aug 25-27.
Hosted by the Redemptorist Foundation for People with Disabilities, the conference this year carries the theme “Jobs and Employment of People with Disabilities in a Disruptive World.”
Workability Asia is a network of organizations that provide work and employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Asia.
Pattaya Mayor Poramet Ngampichet chaired an Aug. 19 planning meeting for the conference with Samrit Chapirom, a Redemptorist Foundation board member.
The conference will include seminars on employment with participants from 12 countries. The foundation-run Mahatai center has a 400-person capacity with parking for 300 vehicles.
Workability Asia Conference 2022
“Jobs and Employment of People with Disabilities in a Disruptive World”
25 – 26 August 2022
Mahatai Pattaya Convention Center, Pattaya, Thailand
Online available on Zoom Webinar and Facebook Live
The changing world situation, whether it is a pandemic of COVID-19, technology disruption, disasters, conflicts or wars, and international politics. All of these affect the jobs and employment of people with disabilities. Workability Asia, therefore, organizes this conference inviting leading leaders with disabilities in Asia, representatives of international organizations, government representatives, academics and practitioners to the front lines to empower people with disabilities to stand on their own feet to come and share their knowledge, experience and vision in driving work in this disruptive world.
- To learn and share the knowledge, situation, practices and case studies on management in a disruptive circumstance.
- To present policy issues and recommendations on job promotion and employment of people with disabilities at both national and regional levels.
- To demonstrate the potential of people with disabilities and lead to cooperation in promoting jobs and employment of people with disabilities.
Languages English and Thai with simultaneous translation
Free Online Seminar
|Passcode 2022 Date/Time||Activities|
|25 August 2022 (Bangkok, Thailand local time zone)|
|09.00 – 10.00||Registration and Online system testing|
|10.00 – 10.30||Welcome Speech
– Fr. Sukhum Thanasingha, C.Ss.R., Vice – president of The Redemptorist Foundation for People with Disabilities Pattaya
|10.30 – 11.30||Opening Ceremony
– Dr. Suporntum Mongkolsawadi, Chairperson of WAsia
– Mr. Katsunori Fujii, WAsia Advisor and Workability Japan Director
– Mr. Andrew Ramsey, President of Workability International
– Mr. Graeme Buckley, Director DWT/CO Bangkok International Labor Organization
– H.E. Arkhom Termpittayapaisith, Miniter of Finance
|11.30 – 12.00||Keynote Speech: Jobs and Employment for People with Disabilities in Asia: At Present and Challenges in the Future.
– Ms. Saowalak Thongkuay, Member of the committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities of United Nations
|13.00 – 15.00||Abstract Presentation: Experience or Academic Articles “Effects of Epidemics and Disasters on Job Promotion and Employment of People with Disabilities” (7 papers)
1. Jobs and Employment of People with Disabilities during the Covid-19 Epidemic by Rama Perumal, India
2. Disability & Inclusion at corporates during the pandemic with a comprehensive, one-stop solution! A social enterprise perspective by Vaishnavi NJ, India
3. Gig works generated during disruptive times through the 5A approach by building Ecosystem by Roopa Reddy, India
4. Building a Sustainable Ecosystem for Creating Livelihood Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities in Rural India: SWASHKTI’s Best Practices by Antony Helenraj Selvaraj, India
5. Employment of Persons with Disabilities during COVID: Opportunity Creation in an Unpredictable Landscape by Samara Thekkan, India
6. Proactive Business Development Models for Employers and Persons with Disabilities in India during the Pandemic: A case study of EnAble India by Kaavyasri DA, India
7. Even at an advanced age “A life in which we can work and choose for granted” by Hiroshi Masaoka, Japan
Facilitator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jaturong Boonyarattanasoontorn, Chair of PhD. The program, Social Work and Social Welfare Faculty Huachiew Chalermprakiet University
Commentator: Dr. Kamolpun Punpuing, PhD.in Social Administration, MA. in Social Work Studies and MSc. in Information Technology, Section