New Thailand – Vietnam Airlines to be established


Bangkok, 27 June 2013,More than 200 million baht will be pouring into the establishment of Thailand – Vietnam airline, in their bid to boost tourism and investment in preparation for the upcoming ASEAN Economic Commnunity (AEC) in 2015.

Kan Airlines CEO, Captain Sompong Suksanguan, revealed that his company and Vietnam’s Viet Jet Airways would form a new airline ‘Thai Viet Jet Air’, in which the Thai company will hold 51% of the shares, leaving the remaining 49% to the Vietnamese partner.

According to Captain Sompong, the new airline will provide services in both international and domestic routes, underlining its affordable and safety features.

He said that initially the airlines would offer 2 daily trips from Bangkok to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, beginning next year. The Kan Airlines CEO speculate that it would use Suvannabhumi Airport as its operation base.

The Captain said that the move would significantly stimulate tourism and investment in the two nations, raising competitiveness in the AEC era. The new airline’s fleet would consist of 3 airbus A 320 airplanes.