Nine monks blessed the school and recited prayers. School officials and guests then made merit by offering the monks lunch.
After lunch, the monks recited more prayers and lay people poured clean water into containers and prayed to dedicate merit to the deceased, later pouring it on the ground.
(L to R) Watana Chantarawaranont, Jidapha Suwattaporn, Samorn Nongyai, Myor Itthiphol Kunplome, Jintana Maensurin (director of Pattaya education department), Yupaporn Thitiworn (director of Pattaya School no. 4), and Itchaya Oara (deputy director of Pattaya School no. 4) pose for a commemorative photo on the occasion of the school’s 76th anniversary.
Monks then sprinkled ceremonial water on attendees.
Pattaya School #4 is located next to Wat Nongyai on Sukhumvit Road opposite Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. Built on July 1st, 1938, it was originally named Prachaban Nongprue School when it had 60 students. The school’s first director was Sawang Malarak.
School directors, led by Mayor Itthiphol Kunplome (left), pour holy water in the merit-sharing rite.