Metropolitan Police in search for Central World arsonists

0
385

BANGKOK, 31 May 2013 Metropolitan Police Chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang has announced that there will be a reward of 10 million baht for anyone who can reveal to the police the whereabouts of the two individuals suspected of burning down Central World in 2010. 

A bounty of 10 million baht has been put on each of the two suspected arsonists and it will be offered to anyone who can provide police officers with information on their whereabouts. The two men are alleged to have set Central World Shopping Complex on fire during the political violence in May 2010.

Police Lieutenant General Kamronwit said he has received photos that were taken during the incident from Central Pattana, the company that owns the department store. He said 20 more people have also been suspected of being involved in the arson. The arrest warrants will be made as soon as the court approves the evidence provided by the police.

A similar case was investigated by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) but was later dismissed due to insufficient evidence. Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit insisted that the Metropolitan Police Bureau has been conducting the investigation independently from the DSI in accordance with a request made on April 5, 2013. The police investigation so far has pointed to the same suspects as those cited earlier by the DSI.