AYUTTHAYA – Her Royal Highness Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana Rajakanya graciously attended a ceremony to install a an elaborately carved apex on the gable of a Buddhist temple in Ayutthaya province.
At 3:37 p.m. on Sunday Nov 10, Her Royal Highness Princess Sirivannavari arrived at Ban Dai Chang temple in Sena district, Ayutthaya province, to attend the religious ceremony.
Her Royal Highness poured molten gold during the casting of the principal Buddha image at Ban Dai Chang temple in 2014. The old temple hall was renovated after it was hit by flooding every year. The renovation was funded by the National Office of Buddhism, the Ayutthaya Provincial Administrative Organization and Buddhist followers.
Ban Dai Chang temple was built in the Ayutthaya period in 1707. The temple’s pier was used by troops in the Ayutthaya period. The temple was abandoned but was later renovated in the Rattanakosin period in 1907. The abbot of Ban Dai Chang Temple is Phra Khru Rattanakorn Thanathammo. The temple currently has seven monks.