2-year-old ATM electric shock victim dies


TRANG, Aug 15 — The two-year-old girl who was electrocuted by the ATM at a gas station in Thailand’s southern province of Trang last week has died.

The toddler was injured by electrical current transmitted from a Siam Commercial Bank ATM located at the gas station in Yan Ta Khao district on August 7 when her relative was withdrawing cash from the machine.

The girl was admitted to Trang Hospital but her condition worsened during the past week. She was pronounced dead at 10.10am todat after her mother requested disconnecting a mechanical ventilator at 9am.

Trang Provincial Assistant Judge Surasak Prabkhet said the office would provide legal advice and emotional support as well as render financial assistance to the family of the victim, apart from that which is the responsibility of Siam Commercial Bank.