Lockdown and curfew measures start in 13 dark-red provinces including newly added Chonburi (Pattaya City), Chachoengsao and Ayutthaya, today to control COVID-19.
The maximum and strict disease control measures took effect in the three mentioned provinces as well as the ten other provinces that had earlier been declared dark-red zones namely Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla.
The measures are as follows:
– A 14-day curfew from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.
– No local and inter-provincial trips except for those to buy essentials, receive vaccines and see doctors
– 100% work-from-home practices at government organizations and state enterprises and maximal work-from-home policies at companies
– Hardcopy or online (https://covid-19.in.th/) registrations of those visiting and leaving the dark-red zones and reports on such trips at checkpoints
– Restaurants opening only for take-outs until 8 p.m.
– Convenience stores and fresh markets closed from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
– department stores, shopping centers and community malls opening only their supermarkets, stores of drugs and medical supplies and vaccination stations until 8 p.m. (TNA)