Pattaya motorcyclist electrocuted filling gas tank

0
1843
Paramedics perform CPR on the unidentified victim who was electrocuted while inserting coins into a coin-operated gasoline pump in Pattaya.

A motorcyclist was electrocuted while inserting coins into a coin-operated gasoline pump in Pattaya.

The unidentified victim in his mid-20s was knocked unconscious by the jolt of current, which leaked out of the pump on Soi Khopai and traveled along the rain-soaked pavement June 15.



Witnesses wrapped a cloth around the burned man and dragged him out of the rain. Paramedics arrived and performed CPR before taking him to a local hospital.

Witness Thiriyada Buaprachum, 31, said the biker had popped downstairs from a short-term rental room to fill his tank. As he inserted coins, the man screamed and collapsed.

The pump owned by D.R.99 was cordoned off and police are investigating.

The pump, owned by D.R.99, was cordoned off and police are investigating.


Paramedics rush the victim to a local hospital.