No casualties in Mouth to Mouth Pub Fire

0
818

At 11am on the 1st March, Police in Ban Chang were notified that a fire had broken out at a popular pub called Mouth to Mouth, the fire department were alerted along with the rescue workers from the Phutham Foundation.

The pub is situated at 172/2 Moo 3 Ban Chang Rayong and upon arrival they witnessed thick smoke emanating from the one storey building, fire fighters battled for one hour tackling the blaze but in the end the premises was completely gutted by the fire.

Luckily no one was hurt during the incident, the police questioned the manager of the pub Mr. Chana Sonooch who stated that a few staff were cleaning pub when they heard a loud explosion from the electricity transformer which was situated near the stage area of the pub, sparks flew, cables ignited and soon the fire was spreading rapidly, whereby the manager made sure everyone had evacuated the building and were safe before he called the police.

The damage is estimated to be around 1.5 million baht and initial thoughts from the police suggest it was indeed an electricity malfunction however the forensic department has now been alerted and will conduct the usual tests.