Homeowner injured in home fire caused by exploding battery

0
850
A South Pattaya man was injured when a smart balance wheels battery exploded, setting off a fire in his Soi Land Office house.
A South Pattaya man was injured when a smart balance wheels battery exploded, setting off a fire in his Soi Land Office house.

A South Pattaya man was injured when a smart balance wheels battery exploded, setting off a fire in his Soi Land Office house.

Firefighters took about 10 minutes to extinguish flames that were confined to the bedroom July 2.
Homeowner Korakod Kandee, 39, suffered minor burns in the fire and was treated at Banglamung Hospital.

Korakod said he was charging a new battery for his self-balancing scooter in the bedroom. He was in the bathroom when he heard the explosion and saw the flames immediately had ignited the sheets and mattress.

He tried to put out the blaze, but it spread quickly and he got burned.