Central Pattaya warehouse burns, no injuries

0
667

Hot weather that shorted out a fuse box is being blamed for a fire that gutted a central Pattaya warehouse, causing a million baht in damage.

Firefighters with four trucks were called to Soi Paniadchang 8 opposite of the Redemptorist Vocational School for Persons with Disabilities April 14 to find the single-story structure fully engulfed. It took about 30 minutes to bring the blaze under control. No one was hurt.

Drinks on the rocks as almost a million baht worth of mixers destroyed in the warehouse fire.

Owner Somsak Manoondhamporn, 63, said he was loading tonic water and liquor into a truck at the opposite side of the building when he learned of the fire. He lost 200,000 cases of mixers valued at 952,000 baht.

Police initially suspected  that hot weather overloaded the building’s electrical system.