Cambodian construction shacks destroyed by fire

0
994

An electrical short is believed to have started a fire that destroyed three shacks used by Cambodian construction workers in Rayong.

Two fire engines responded to the May 26 afternoon blaze on Soi Song Phee Nong. Firefighters ripped off tin walls and hosed down the spare interiors of the unoccupied shacks. No one was injured.

Flames peak through the roof of shacks used by Cambodian construction workers in Rayong.Flames peak through the roof of shacks used by Cambodian construction workers in Rayong.

Phermjit Phaiphinit, 57, reported the fire after hearing a loud pop and seeing flames shoot from the back of the row houses. She feared the fire would spread to proper houses located nearby.

Three Cambodian families working in area construction sites lived in the tin houses, but weren’t home at the time.