Get a Thai license to drive here



Re: More illegal payments (PM Mailbag Friday, 16 January 2015) – Can you post a link to this treaty from 1949? Even in the U.S., you can only use a Thai driver’s license for 30 days. Everyone seems to know to either get a Thai license to drive here, or bring an international license with you. It would be impossible for every police officer in the world to be able to read every license in the world. How about a California license? It states you are licensed with an A, B, or C, license. How would an officer understand what that means? In the states, you get a ticket for breaking the rules, and you never complain that the police are crooked. Then you come here and everything you do, even if illegal, is a shakedown? Give me a break!