Q. Why do farrangs have to produce a medical certificate stating what out heart beat is and that we told the doctor that we are in good health when we go to renew our drivers lic, but a thai doesnt? Col West
A. Department of Land Transport states that anyone who wants to extend his or her driving license and to get a 5 year valid license must have medical certificate that shows overall body check-ups and an identity card and the expiring driving license and show them to an officer at the department you visit. This regulation is applied to everyone Thai or foreigner. (Information provided by Department of Land Transport, Bangkok Tel.02-272-3618)