SAMUT PRAKAN, 8 September 2014 – A fire broke out at a glove production factory in Samut Prakan province, causing damage of around 3 million baht.
The fire originated from a production warehouse belonging to the Krok Man Yu Company at Soi Suksawad 78 in Phra Phradaeng District. Scraps of cloths, gloves, and socks were found scattered around the place, which were the perfect fuel to ignite a fire and caused it to spread quickly to the upper floors.
It took firefighters more than 30 minutes to control the fire, preventing it from spreading to a paper production factory nearby.
Police have questioned a factory worker and found out that the factory actually belonged to a man from Hong Kong. According to the worker, he was awakened by the smell of smoke as he was sleeping on the third floor of the factory. He then quickly alerted the authorities.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical short circuit. Damage is estimated to be around 3 million baht.