Ehsen hat-trick seals big City win


Bangkok Casuals Football League DIV 1 & 2

After the New Year break, City were on their travels to play Bangkok F.C. in the capital last weekend and were surprised when the home team were only able to field nine players for the first fifteen minutes of the game.  This didn’t make things easy for City however as the hosts dropped deep and their well organized defence was able to deal with anything Pattaya threw at them.

Once they were back to a full complement of players, Bangkok become more of any offensive force and they almost capitalized on a misplaced pass in the Pattaya defence to open the scoring but the chance was wasted and both teams went into the half time break with score level at 0-0.

After the break City took the game by the scuff of the neck and started to find the gaps in the Bangkok defense and Dipita was unlucky to see his shot hit the side netting from a good position.  This gave City confidence and an easy chance was missed by Ehsan and then a probing centre found the same player again unmarked and he struck the ball with power and the deadlock was broken when the ball hit the back of the net to make it 1-0.

City were now on song and a good center were wasted as the forwards were left behind due to the quickness of the run down the wing.  Then Bangkok, in one of their rare attacks, nearly scored after their forward beat three City defenders but somehow put his shot wide.

City went up the other end of the pitch and gained a corner on the right and when Thioma swung the ball in it was met by the head of Ehsan before thundering into the back of the Bangkok net before anybody moved to make it 2-0.

Almost immediately Bangkok pulled one back though as the City defense failed to tackle the Bangkok forward who gleefully accepted the chance and slotted the ball home to make it 2-1.

City were having none of it however and put the Bangkok defense under extreme pressure and a miss-kick from one of the City forwards found Ehsan who’s shot left the Bangkok keeper rooted to the spot to make it 3-1, which also completed his hat-trick.

Bangkok were now down to nine men due to injuries and from another city corner Dipita was the quickest to re-act to make it 4-1.  Then a final goal came just before full time when a usual City passing move saw centre forward Vorontsov score to make it 5-1.

This fine win for City keeps them on course for second place and they are on their travels again this coming weekend with a trip to face Cosmos.