Jesters Care for Kids Charity Drive 2012, Sponsored by Glencore International and Canadian Jackalope Open
Our annual events are nearly upon us now and our pace quickens as we continue to fund-raise for underprivileged kids in need of shelter free of abuse, scholarships for school and special learning for the handicapped. If you too would like to join in, please visit our website to see how you can help. < www.care4kids.info >
Jesters Children’s Fair is next month!
Now that August has arrived at record speed, there is no chance of putting on the brakes with only 37 days to go until Fair Day! The date is Sunday, September 9th, at the Diana Garden Resort, in North Pattaya, where it has been held for the last 10 years.
Russell and Mark, who will be emcees for both of our events again this year, are shown receiving their certificates of appreciation from Lewis Underwood for the great job they did last year.
Generally, at this time of year we go into a frantic mode, as our organizational meetings now become weekly. But then after 14 years, we feel that we’re finally getting it right. At this juncture, never have we been better prepared:
* All of the stalls are now booked.
* The entertainment program is sorted.
* The black event shirts are in hand and on sale.
For those early birds, who already booked stalls, please remit your 1500 baht fee at your earliest convenience. Funds can be transferred directly to the Fountain of Life Center, Krung Thai Bank, Pattaya Klang, account no. 227-1-36586-4, KRTHTHBK. Once you have done that, please email us at: [email protected] or [email protected]
Martin Simonsson and his wife receive their certificate of appreciation from the Jesters for this year.
For black event shirts, they can be bought at Viking Beachcomber, TQ and/or by emailing us at [email protected] Shirts are 400 baht apiece, 2 for 700 baht or 3 for 1000 baht.
Jesters Gala Party Night is booked too!
The second event is our Gala Party Night, which follows the Fair 13 days later on Saturday, September 22nd at the Amari Orchid Pattaya. This is a sit-down buffet dinner affair with complementary wine and beer and highlighted by a variety of entertainment, as well as biddings on auction items and drawings for raffle prizes.
At present, all of the 25 tables for 10 persons are now booked. However, it is possible that places might come available at tables for individuals or couples, if the booking parties end up with extra space at their tables. So if would like to get on a waitlist, please contact us and we will try our best to get you a place.
Ways you can still help!
* You can join our corporate and individual sponsorship program. This continues to be the biggest source of our fund-raising. There are 6 levels: Diamond (Bt. 400,000), Platinum (Bt. 100,000), Gold (Bt. 50,000), Silver (Bt. 25,000), Bronze (Bt. 10,000) and Pledge (less than Bt 10,000).
* You can donate a grand raffle prize or auction item, for our Gala Party Night. You can also buy grand raffle tickets in books of 12 for 500 baht and make bids on our current auction items by going to our website.
* You can also donate by advertising in our 48-page A4 yearbook, which will be used for both events this year plus PR next year: Black and white ads are 3500 baht for half-page and 6000 baht for full-page. Colored ads are 5500 baht for half-page and 9500 baht for full-page. Inside covers are 12,000 baht and the two-page fold out is 19,000 baht.
* You can donate a case of canned beer, or 850 baht equivalent, to the Jesters Beer Tent at the fair. Your donated beer will be sold at 50 baht per can at the Fair, which increases the value of your original donation from 850 to 1200 baht. Beer sales typically cover the entire setup cost for the event. If interested, please go to http://www.care4kids.info/events/childrens-fair. html or email us.
We hope you are getting ready for September, because we are certainly ready to go! If you would like to learn more about our events and ways you can help, please visit us at www.care4kids.info or www.facebook.com/jesterscare.forkids.
The back of our black event shirt shows our major sponsors.