Smoking in bed leads to Sattahip fire

0
475

Smoking in bed is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a house in Sattahip’s 100-Year Market neighborhood.

Firefighters took 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze that gutted the single-story, wooden house on Soi Namcharoen 15 around 1:30 a.m. April 5. No one was reported as being injured.

Owner Charoensuk Phladma, 34, told authorities he had put a lit cigarette in an ashtray next to his bed, then had fallen asleep. The next thing he remembered was being hit by flames as it engulfed his coconut fiber-filled mattress.

Firefighters move in to extinguish the final embers after smoking in bed caused a fire that destroyed a house in Sattahip.Firefighters move in to extinguish the final embers after smoking in bed caused a fire that destroyed a house in Sattahip.