Power line falls on motorcyclist

0
1209

A woman driving in the wrong place at the wrong time was hurt when a live electrical wire fell on her motorbike.

Authorities inspect the scene where a large electrical wire fell on a woman’s motorbike, injuring her, burning her motorcycle, and burning a large hole in the pavement.
Authorities inspect the scene where a large electrical wire fell on a woman’s motorbike, injuring her, burning her motorcycle, and burning a large hole in the pavement.

Pantira Leeboonsong, 30, suffered an electrical burn to her left leg and was lying on the road near the Yanat Cafe in Naklua Aug. 11. She was treated at Banglamung Hospital.

Authorities found a large section of electrical wire on the ground near her burned motorcycle. Full of live current, it created a 15-centimeter-wide and 5-cm-deep gouge in the road.

Witnesses reported a brown out in the area before sparks flew from the wires above and the live wire fell to the ground, unluckily hitting the passing motorist.