Fire damaged three units in a Pattaya apartment house, causing hundreds of thousands of baht in damage, but no injuries.
The resident who reported the fire, identified only as Sab, 47, said he was pulling into the parking lot when he saw smoke pouring out of apartment 5. He immediately shut off the 12-unit building’s main power breaker.
The fire spread from apartment 5 to the two adjoining units. Police speculated an electrical short started the fire, but were waiting for an actual investigation.
Apartment 5 resident Kajorn Nindee, 29, said no one was home at the time of the fire. The entire room was destroyed, including 10,000 baht and cosmetic products she sold online for extra revenue.