A grass fire torched four shacks in a rural Najomtien area.
No one was injured in the April 25 blaze that razed the wooden sheds erected near railroad shacks in Moo 1 village, although two newborn kittens were rescued from the smoldering ashes.
It took about an hour for two Huay Yai fire trucks to extinguish the fire.
Homeowner Jantra Klaysang, 36, said she was devastated to return home to find her house burned down, but appreciated emergency workers’ efforts in rescuing her cats.
Authorities said blazing temperatures sparked a grass fire that consumed the shacks.