The Sultan of Brunei has problems we would all like to have – where to store his fleet of 7,000 cars. I can sympathize with him, I have to leave the Daihatsu Mira on the street, while the Fortuner hogs the car port.
The Sultan is believed to own a collection of 7,000 high performance cars valued at over $5 billion.
According to the Daily Mirror, as of June 30th 2010, he owns 604 Rolls-Royces, 574 Mercedes-Benzes, 452 Ferraris, 382 Bentleys, 209 BMWs, 179 Jaguars, 134 Koenigseggs, 21 Lamborghinis, 11 Aston Martins, and one SSC.
Amongst the top 10 most expensive cars in the world 2010 he has the:
10. SSC Ultimate Aero: $740,000. A new model with 270 mph top speed, spoiler made from carbon, a temperature sensor and tire pressures to optimize driving conditions.
9. Leblanc Mirabeau: $765,000. Designed with 24 hours resilience test at Le mans. It can be driven on the road legally. Mirabeau uses the 4.7 liter V8 engine, 700 hp, and can reach an average speed of 230 mph. Specially made to order, including a semi-automatic transmission system.
8. Koenigsegg CCX: $1.1 Million. This car uses the V8 engine and only 806 units produced. It only takes 3.2 seconds to reach 100 km hour. Top speed reached easily is 245 mph. The tire rims are of carbon, with 6 speed, and ceramic brakes.
7. Koenigsegg CCXR: $1.3 Million. Koenigsegg CCXR is another variant of the Koenigsegg CCX that signaled in environmentally friendly cars. This car use biofuels, needs 3.1 seconds to reach 100 km/h, with top speed 250 mph.
6. Maybach Landaulet: $1.4 Million. This car is the most expensive car brand from Germany. Landaulet is the most expensive saloon car. This car has 604 HP, with top speed 155 mph, and has a V12 twin turbo engine.
5. Lamborghini Reventón: $1.42 Million. Not yet clear whether this old version of Reventon is still available. Only 20 units have been made. This car has black aluminum rims, like the newer version of roadster, the design is inspired by fighter aircraft.
4. Lamborghini Reventón Roadster: $1.56 Million. The car design was inspired by Stealth aircraft display. This car has a V12 650 HP Engine. Can reach top speed of 340 kmh. The car is very light in weight because the body is made using carbon fiber materials.
3. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster: $1.8 Million. There are only 5 units available, to go on sale. Chassis made from carbon titanium. Powered by 678 HP Mercedes AMG V12, only 3.4 seconds to reach 100 kmh. Can reach 217 mph top speed. The body is carbon and suspension is titanium and magnesium.
2. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport $2 Million / $1.67 Million for coupe version. The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport has a 1001 hp, 16 cylinder engine, and has been developed so there will be no air draft inside, even when exploring the upper reaches of the car’s 217 mph top speed. This car is the world’s fastest roadster.
1. Koenigsegg Trevita: $2.21 Million. Just three units to be produced. Koenigsegg Trevita is designed based on Koenigsegg CCXR and added with new shimmering diamond weave carbon fiber, named “Trevita” in Swedish means “three whites”. Those three cars fully equipped with Koenigsegg Shimmering Diamond Weave bodywork, using double carbon wing, paddle-shift, inconell exhaust system, carbon ceramic brakes with ABS, hydraulic lifting system, infotainment system, tyre monitoring system, chrono instrument cluster and special airbags. The navigation system is also developed custom just for this model. For this car, Koenigsegg placed the same 1018 bhp engine. Special for this model, the exterior paint was fully developed in Sweden, at Koenigsegg headquarters.
So there you are. Place your orders now before they go up on price any more.