LUSH, Bangkok’s famous inner-city music festival with a social purpose is back for its 2012 edition on 9 November and its biggest event so far. After having raised more than a million Baht for charity and welcomed over 10,000 guests in 3 years, this next festival will take place at a most extraordinary venue where no other event has ever taken place before: the Train Nigh Market in Chatuchak.
42 live bands and DJs, including Apartment Khunpa, T-Bone, Jay Montonn Jira, Bangkok Invaders and Stylish Nonsense, will be playing in fully redecorated historical warehouses, outdoor rooftop dance floors, vintage pubs and an art gallery. The venue will provide a unique retro-chic feel, doubled-up by live visual performers using modern cutting-edge projection mapping technologies to provide guests with an exceptional experience.
LUSH is developed by the social entrepreneurs who recently brought to Bangkok the DID – Dine in the Dark concept, a fine-dining restaurant in the dark employing visually impaired guides. Further supporting the cause of the visually impaired in Thailand, the next edition of LUSH will donate 30% of its profits to a professional skills development project for the visually impaired implemented by the Thailand Association of the Blind.
Moreover, the LUSH event will take place within the context of the General Assembly of the World Blind Union and the International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment (WBU-ICEVI 2012). For the first time in Asia and Thailand, these two global conferences will be hosted simultaneously, gathering over 1,500 participants from 190 countries during 8-18 November 2012 at the Imperial Queen’s Park Hotel. With the LUSH event taking place in coordination with the WBU-ICEVI 2012, the Thailand Association of the Blind and LUSH aim at creating the momentum necessary for presenting the often underestimated potential of the visually impaired in a professional context and to encourage their employment in Thailand.
Promoting responsible business practices, LUSH has also been supporting environmental practices on an ongoing basis. The next event will thus be monitored and compensate 100% of its CO2 emissions through the support of clean renewable energy projects produced in Thailand in partnership with South Pole Carbon Assets Management Ltd.
The LUSH event is powered by Spy Wine Cooler and Mont Clair wines, and is undertaken in partnership with Stolichnaya Vodka, Patrón, and Pronto Denim. It will moreover feature the public launch of RESET in Thailand, a ground-breaking enzyme-based lozenge technology which enables people to enjoy an active nightlife and still be fit and productive the following day.
Friday, 9 November, 2012
From 8pm until late
Train Night Market (Talat Rot Fai), Kampaeng Phet Road, Chatuchak
BTS Mo Chit / MRT Kampaeng Phet
TICKET BOX OFFICE
– All tickets includes 2 drinks before 10pm or 1 drink after 10pm
– 500 THB pre-sale
– 700 THB at the gate
– VIP tickets: 800 THB pre-sale / 1000 THB at the gate
– Pre-sale tickets will be available starting from 18 October 2012. Purchase your tickets at:
– Online: ticket sale enquiries at [email protected]
– Pronto Denim shops at:
– Siam Square Soi 2 (tel:02-2517448)
– Terminal 21 (tel: tel:02-1080711)
– Central Ladprao (tel:02-9371817)
– Central Rama 9 (tel:02-1083198)
o DID – Dine in the Dark (Ascott Sathorn Bangkok, 187 South Sathorn Road, 02-
– The Pintsman Pub (United Center, Ground Floor, 323 Silom Road)
LIVE BANDS & DJS FEATURED WAREHOUSE CONCERT STAGE
– Apartment Khunpa
– T- Bone
– Jay Montonn Jira
– DJ Roxy June (powered by Spy)
– Lady Soma (Club Soma)
– DJ Knatz
– Coconut Sundays
– and more…
HIP HOP PUB
– Bangkok Invaders (DJ Ono & Friends)
– DJ Tech 12 (Q Bar)
– DJ Octo (Bed Supperclub)
– DJ Yukie
– DJ TO-RU
– DJ Remi
HOUSE ROOFTOP – Presented by AFTR PRTY
– Eddy Frampton (Bed Supperclub)
– DJ Co2an (Kolour / Aftr Prty)
– Lom Soundstylist (Honda Lady DJ Winner 2011)
– Florian de Lux
– DJ Honey G
– and more…
TUNNEL STAGE – Presented by RESET
– JstDaft (TrustheSound Records)
– Cleo-P (Swagger)
– Skinny Mark (Overdoser)
– Love Buzzz
– Clarity Peaks
HORSE STABLE – Presented by Duck & Noodle
– This and That
– Dane Wetschler
– DJ Denial
ART SPACE – Presented by VER Gallery
– Stylish Nonsense (Panda Records)
– Sticky Rice (Panda Records)
– DJ Mizuyo
– and more…
INDIE STAGE – Presented by nospace gallery
– The GAD
– Abstraction XL
– Chladni Chandi
– Summer Dress
– and more…
This event will feature the public launch of RESET in Thailand. RESET is made with groundbreaking composite biocatalyst (“Triclyst™”) – a proprietary blend of pro-biotics, enzymes and co-factors designed to enhance the body’s natural ability to break down alcohol. The result is an enzyme-based technology which enables people to enjoy an active nightlife and still be fit and productive the following day. Each guest at LUSH will receive a complimentary pack of 3 tablets.
This event is powered by Spy, Mont Clair, Reset, Stolichnaya Vodka, Patrón, Pronto Denim, South Pole Carbon and DID – Dine in the Dark, in support of the Thailand Association of the Blind and the World Blind Union 2012 (WBU-ICEVI 2012), and in partnership with Rod’s Antiques, Bless Entertainment, TheWetCarpet Studio, Bangkok Nightclub Network, Find Your Event In Bangkok, Energaia, The Pintsman Pub, Vivaldi PR, Asia Beauty Travel, and Lifestyle Asia.
EVENT FEATURES SUMMARY
– 7 indoor and outdoor concert stages and dance floors at an extraordinary place where no other event has ever taken place before.
– 42 international and Thai live bands and DJs, including top acts Apartment Khunpa, TBone and Jay Montonn Jira
– 15 additional live visual artists, live performers, dancers and MCs
– Oversized decoration and stages
– All drinks between 100 THB and 200 THB
– 500 THB pre-sale tickets, incl. 2 drinks before 10pm or 1 drink after 10pm
– 30% of all the profits made by the event will be donated to the Thailand Association of the Blind within the context of the World Blind Union 2012 in support of a professional skills development project for the visually impaired.
– The event is 100% carbon neutral through hi-tech renewable energy produced in Thailand and provided by South Pole Carbon Asset Management Ltd.
LUSH is a social enterprise promoting large musical and cultural events with the aim of supporting social and environmental projects. Started in 2009, LUSH quickly became one of the most well-known series of events in Thailand and raised over 1 million THB for 10 different charities.
With a social mindset, the founders of LUSH have more recently opened DID – Dine in the Dark, a restaurant with a social purpose and employing visually impaired waiters.
If you would like to have more information about this event, or for questions and enquiries about LUSH, please e-mail [email protected] or call +66-(0)8-3197-3768