Jesters Care for Kids Charity Drive 2014; Diamond Sponsors: Glencore International and Canadian Jackalope Open
We have come a long way since that night back in September of 1998 when we had a pub night at Delaney’s for the benefit of the Fountain of Life Center with one major sponsor, Chonburi Siam Steel Mill Services, which resulted in raising a million baht.
Fast forwarding to the present, we now have two annual events, a children’s fair and a gala party night; we have helped at least 75 different beneficiaries; we now have a diamond sponsor category for 400,000 plus baht donors to accompany our multiple platinum sponsors, or 100,000 plus baht donors; and have raised over 74 million baht for children charities.
Meaw, who has with Down syndrome, helps us by carrying a bag of rice from our monthly distribution at Nongprue Municipality.
The journey has been a good one thanks to you, but then this is hardly the time to dwell on achievements. After all, its summertime and we are already on the clock with only 80 days left until the arrival of our events. This year our Fair is on Sunday, September 7th, and will again be held at the Regent’s International School Pattaya, while our Gala Party Night happens 13 days after that on Saturday, September 20th, at ‘our home’, the Amari Orchid Pattaya.
Though we are giving more attention towards the planning of the above events these days, our main focus and top priority is still on fund-raising. Currently, we are pleased to publicize that you have donated 2,821,500 baht in both cash and kind. This is a grand start but we need to keep the impetus going.
If you are interested in joining us, there are 3 ways to make donations:
* Electronically, through PayPal: [email protected] .info
* Making a direct debit to ‘The Fountain of Life Center’, Krung Thai Bank, Central Pattaya Branch, Acct# 227-1-36586-4.
* Or directly to our target charity, ‘The Good Shepherd Foundation’, Bangkok Bank, Muang Pattaya Branch, Acct# 484-0-68306-6.
We would like to thank those major sponsors who are on board this year: Such as: Diamond Sponsors: Glencore International and Canadian Jackalope Open; Platinum Sponsors: Pattaya Mail, Sinto, Pattaya Sports Club, Club Nevada, Mike Koerner, Herrod Foundation, Pat and Reg Warner, Whitehouse Condotel, Jelly Belly Candy Company, ITT Pro Services, The Links, Chris Hogg, The Thai, Amari Orchid Pattaya and Regent’s International School Pattaya.
For those looking for alternative ways to help, you can advertise in our yearbook for as little as 3500 baht; at the fair you can rent a stall for 2000 baht; entertain on stage, buy event shirts and/or even donate beer for the Jesters Beer Tent.
For the Gala Party Night, you can attend and donate an auction item or grand raffle prize; or you can bid on an item and/or buy raffle tickets.
The proceeds from our events and donations from individuals and companies are all for the purpose of benefiting deprived children. Though we look for new ventures each year, we also have annual and monthly commitments to our core projects. Such as:
* Fountain of Life Center: (our target charity) providing poor children with shelter from abuse and access to education via scholarships to public schools at the primary and secondary levels.
* The Next Step program: provides scholarships for tertiary education, which has produced 12 graduates from universities to date.
* Camillian Home: provide 24/7 care for children living with HIV and disabilities.
* Ban Jing Jai Orphanage: provide monthly food costs.
* Khao Baisri Special Education: provide in a myriad of ways, as well as monthly basics for the disabled.
* Share Love with Friends: provide monthly rice, wheelchairs and other essential equipment for poor families with disabled children.
* Ban Chang Hospital Outreach Program: provide school uniforms and supplies for children without the means.
* Special Olympics Thailand (SOT): sponsor of their annual event for handicapped athletes at Pattaya School #7.
* Kharma Foundation: provides educational aids/equipment, including renovation of schools in marginal areas.
If you would like to learn more about us, please go to www.care4kids.info, www. facebook.com/jesterscare. kids and/or https://twitter.com/JestersCare4Kid.