Jesters Care for Kids 2013, Sponsored by Glencore International and Canadian Jackalope Open
We are now entering the intensive phase of our 16th year of caring for deprived children, including those abandoned, orphaned, and/or handicapped.
We help them get access to safe shelter, education, as well as specialized schooling and assistance for the disabled.
At this point, we are pleased to report that over 3.04 million baht in cash and kind has already been raised this year. This is a great result and we would like to thank those who responded early.
Jimmy Page displays his guitar, which was auctioned off at last year’s Gala Party Night.
If you too would like to join us, there are several ways you can help care for kids:
1. You can join our corporate and individual sponsorship program. This continues to be the biggest source of our fund-raising. There are 6 levels: Diamond (Bt. 400,000), Platinum (Bt. 100,000), Gold (Bt. 50,000), Silver (Bt. 25,000), Bronze (Bt. 10,000) and Pledge (less than Bt 10,000).
Please note that no donation is ever considered too small.
You can donate 3 ways:
· Electronically, through PayPal – donation@care4kids .info
· Making a direct debit to ‘Fountain of Life Center’, KrungThai Bank, Pattaya Klang Branch, account # 227-1-36586-4.
· Making a direct debit to ‘Good Shepherd Foundation’, Bangkok Bank, Muang Pattaya Branch account # 484-0-68306-6.
2. You can also donate a grand raffle prize or auction item for our Gala Party Night. We usually seek travel/hotel/restaurant vouchers, etc., for our GR draw, and for our Auction, signed memorabilia, art objects, antiques, or anything that might fetch a bid.
Update: For this year’s auction, Ross Halfin has signed some of his A3 photos, including of Led Zeppelin (2007), Black Crowes with Jimmy Page (2011), Jeff Beck, Joe Perry, Kirk Hammett, James Hetfield at the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (2009) and more. Ross also donated a Kiss Poster from Sonic Boom over Europe (2010) signed by the band.
Additionally, Niven Walters has also produced a replica of Jimmy Page’s ‘Dragon’ Telecaster with traveling case for our auction, as well as Mark Gorda, who has given us some paintings and antiques from Myanmar. Please go to our site to make a bid on any of these items.
Our top grand raffle prize this year is a Honda PCX 150 donated by the Jesters MC and valued at 80,000 baht.
3. You can also donate by advertising in our new 48-page A4 yearbook, which will be used for both events this year plus PR next year:
Black and white ads are 3500 baht for half-page and 6000 baht for full-page. Colored ads are 5500 baht for half-page and 9500 baht for full-page. Inside covers are 12,000 baht and two-page fold outs are 19,000 baht
Update: Both inside covers and one two-page fold out (front cover) are booked already. Please remember that our major sponsors, Diamond (400 K baht) and Platinum (100 K baht) get free colored full-page ads.
4. You can also attend our events! Our first one is the Children’s Fair on Sunday, September 8th, at The Regent’s School Pattaya on Hwy 36 just off Hwy 7. Admission to our Fair is 50 baht per person, while children under 12 are free.
Our second event, the Gala Party Night, is once again at the Amari Orchid Pattaya, 13 days later, on Saturday, September 21st. Tickets are 2200 baht per person for a place at a table of 10. Included in that price is an international buffet, wine, beer and soft drinks.
Update: Due to the resounding success of our Gala Party Night for the last 2 years, we urge you to book early as there are only 25 tables with 10 places at each.
5. You can also rent a stall at our Fair. All stalls are 1500 baht on the day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. As usual, school stalls are free. You can book stalls at http://www.care4kids.info/events/childrens-fair.html
Update: Due to the new venue, we expect stalls to go quickly, so we advise to book as soon as possible. In fact, to date half of the stalls have been reserved already.
Please also note that we are asking stallholders to pay their rent in advance of Fair day through our website. Please email us once you have remitted.
6. You can buy children’s raffle tickets at Fair or GR Tickets for Gala Party Night.
* Children’s Raffle tickets are sold only at the Fair only on the day. One book of 10 tickets is 200 baht, 3 books 500 baht and 7 books for 1000 baht. You must be present to win.
* Grand Raffle tickets are sold from July through the evening of Gala Party Night at 50 baht per ticket or 12 tickets (1 book) for 500 baht. You do not have to be present to win.
7. You can also donate a case of canned beer, or 850 baht equivalent, to the Jesters Beer Tent at the fair. Your donated beer will be sold at 50 baht per can at the Fair, which increases the value of your original donation from 850 to 1200 baht. Beer sales typically cover the entire setup cost for the event. If interested, please go to http://www.care4kids.info/events/childrens-fair.html or email us.
8. You can also buy our new black event T-shirts courtesy of our Platinum Sponsor, SINTO, from mid-July through our events while they last. Outlets TBA.
9. Display our Stickers, Flyers and/or Posters.
Update: Flyers and posters will come out in August, while stickers will be available soon for your vehicles and shop windows.
Additional information regarding all of the above, plus continuous updates, are available on our website. You can also visit us at: www.facebook.com/jesterscare.forkids.
We sincerely thank you for your continuous generous support in helping the children at risk in our community.