Jesters Care for Kids Charity Drive 2014 – Sponsored by Glencore International and Canadian Jackalope Open
With only 10 days left till our fair on Sunday, September 7th, we have started the final countdown.
Despite the fact that we have put on 16 children fairs prior to this, each successive one is still a learning curve. Last year we were more anxious than usual simply due to Regents International School Pattaya being a new venue and requiring a new stage/stall layout.
However, given their roomy grounds, great amenities, easy access and ample parking, it proved to be an ideal site. The cooperation from the faculty and students was an extra perk, which contributed significantly to the success of the event.
Jesters Children’s Fair Stallholders’ meeting is on Monday, September 1st
There will be a stallholders’ meeting at Jameson’s Irish Pub located at the Nova Park Hotel on Soi 4 off Pattaya 2nd Road in Central Pattaya on Monday September 1st at 7 p.m. Our fair site coordinator, Bill, will disseminate information about the fair, the do’s and don’ts and answer your questions. Also, if you have not paid for your stall(s) by this time, you will be able to do so then.
Children watch the stage entertainment at last year’s event.
Below is an outline of the points that will be covered:
1. Location: The Regents International School Pattaya (RISP) is on Hwy 36 next to the Banglamung (Pattaya) Motor Vehicle Registry, where Thai driver licenses are also available.
2. Date: Sunday, 7 September from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
3. Entrance: Stallholders will have temporary access to the oval area on Saturday, September 6th after the stalls have been set up around 4 p.m. for those wanting to decorate their stall or drop off heavy items and again on Sunday morning, the 7th, from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m. on Sunday.
4. Traffic in the Oval: Will be one way in clockwise direction with parking on the inner side (right hand) so traffic can flow on the outer (left side). Please remember that NO vehicles are allowed on the grass whatsoever. In general, we want to protect the grass as much as possible.
5. Parking: During the event, parking will be available mostly on both sides of the school. Since the Motor Vehicle Registry Office is closed on the weekend, there will be additional parking along the public road there. Please heed the directives of the school’s security and parking attendants.
6. Gate Fee: 50 baht donation for adults. Children are free.
7. All Stalls will include: one 4 M x 4 M area – one rectangular table, two chairs. Please do not take chairs and tables from other stalls. Also, one electrical outlet is provided, but only for 3 amps. This is not sufficient for running electrical appliances. Please pay special attention to hot cooking utensil safety. Banners at your stall should be no larger than 0.75 X 3.50 M.
8. If you have not paid your 2000 baht for your stall yet, please do so as soon as possible.
9. Only donated beer will be sold at the fair, so, please do not sell beer at your stalls!
10. Children Coupons: These are for project children, so they can play games and activities for free; coupons are NOT redeemable for cash.
1. Please remember that there is NO smoking on the school grounds, except in one specific designated area near the beer tent.
2. Please NO pets on school grounds.
3. There is no running water at the stalls.
4. There is no ice or change available at the fair.
5. Please bring trash bags to keep your stall tidy and clear all items at the end of the event.
6. Please secure valuables at all times.
If there are any questions please contact Bill, our fair site coordinator, at 089-930-3558.
Jesters Gala Party Night follows the Fair 13 days later
The second event is our Gala Party Night on Saturday, September 20th at the Amari Pattaya. Tables are filling fast, so if you would like to book a place, please contact: [email protected] .The cost is 2400 baht.
For more information, please visit us at www.care4kids.info, www.face book.com/jesterscare.kids and/or https://twitter.com/JestersCare4Kid