Pratamnak Hill apartment burns


A faulty tile cutter is being blamed for a fire that damaged an apartment at Pratamnak Hill’s Royal View Place.

Four fire trucks were dispatched to the four-story building on Soi Kasetsin 3 Oct. 7. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to quell the flames in the top-floor room.

Damage was estimated at about 200,000 baht, but no one was injured.

Pan Surin, a 34-year-old construction worker, later confessed he left a tile cutter plugged in and then left the unoccupied room to help connect a water pipe downstairs. Authorities believed it overheated or shorted out, sparking the blaze.