Fire damages vacant house in Sattahip

0
479

Birds are being blamed for a fire in Sattahip District that damaged an empty home.

Firefighters took about 10 minutes to quell the flames at the rental home in Kamolpetch village in Udomsak Sub-district. No one was injured.

Neighbors said the house had stood vacant for some time, as the owner lives in another province and had offered the house for rent. It currently has no tenants.

Investigators believe birds nesting in the attic had chewed through electricity wires running above the roof, causing them to short and ignite the roof.

Firefighters extinguish a small fire that damaged an empty home in Sattahip.Firefighters extinguish a small fire that damaged an empty home in Sattahip.