He welcomed a group of 385 Thai and foreign passengers at Phuket International Airport flying the first flight with Thai Airways to visit the province.
To deny the rumours, the 'Believe in Phuket' event was held in Phuket to boost confidence among tourists of the province's safety measures and to thank them for travelling to the area.
He added that all flights to Phuket were fully booked today, while Phuket Airport director Pratuang Sorn-kum noted after the April 16 earthquake in the province, the number of flights has increased by about 3 percent year-on-year.
Meanwhile, Mineral Resources Department director-general Nitat Poovatanakul led related officials, including the governor, to put national, provincial, and local administrative flags at the centre of the earthquake area's surface in Thalang district as a part of the 'Believe in Phuket' activities and to create confidence the island will not submerge.
An exhibition on natural disasters and how to act in times of earthquakes was also held at the event.
Concerning assistance to those affected by the earthquake, the Phuket Governor said financial aid is to be distributed for the first round on May 7.
Over 500 local households have so far reported damages to their homes due to the earthquake.
Sri Soon-torn sub-district mayor Worawut Songyos said officials have already inspected 300 homes. Most damages were cracks on the walls.
He said his organisation has initially cooperated with the local Disaster Prevention and Mitigation office to find joint measures for further solutions and to ask for a budget for urgent assistance to those affected.