Below are the needy children charities you are supporting, primarily on the Eastern Seaboard. However, we also have projects outside of our traditional region and have responded to national calamities, when children have been adversely affected.
All the children you have helped say thank you.
Examples of the latter are when the tsunami devastated the south and we funded orphans’ education starting from 2005. In 2011, we also renovated a school in Nakon Pathom after the floods inundated many areas in Thailand.
Our Target Charity: (Registered Charity No. Tor 460/2543)
The Fountain of Life Center in Pattaya (2,990,139 baht): Under the auspices of the Good Shepherd Foundation, they provide children with documentation, education, life skills, meals, medical/dental care, and ultimately, scholarships for entering gov’t schools. In 2013, 63 children received scholarships for gov’t schools.
Next Step Program: Provides young adults with scholarships for vocational colleges and universities. Since 2009, there have been 9 graduates, including one who completed his Masters in Law. All are now gainfully employed.
Five university students are currently being supported through funds given to the Fountain of Life Center, including 3 students poised to graduate imminently.
Public Schools: (96,560 baht)
1. Ban Chang School in Rayong (20,060 baht): Provided school uniforms to local students in cooperation with Pattaya International Ladies Club (PILC) and Ban Chang Hospital Outreach Program.
2. Ban Thong Noi School in Chonburi 45,000 baht): Provided drinking water system in cooperation with the YWCA.
3. Nikom Ku School in Rayong (31,500 baht): Provided prescription eyeglasses to the students in cooperation with Pattaya Sports Club (PSC) and YWCA.
Special Schools: (300,140 baht)
1. Khao Baisri Special Education for the Disabled in Sattahip, Rayong (200,140 baht): Provided a monthly stipend for basic necessities, in addition to two training sessions for the autistic with the Women With a Mission (WWM); a roof with Joe and Oi St. Laurent and sheep for interaction with the children.
2. Special Olympics Thailand (SOT) in Pattaya (100,000 baht): Sponsored the 6th Eastern Region Athletics Championship at School #7 for 300 handicapped children competing in track and field, and this year a new sport for them, cricket.
Shelters and Special Cases: (1,505,402 baht)
1. Camillian Home in Lat Krabang in Bangkok (700,000 baht): In a joint venture with the Canadian Jackalope Open (CJO), we continued to provide the 24/7 care for two severely disabled HIV-infected children, and now a third child with cerebral palsy.
2. Camillian Social Center in Rayong (43,142 baht): Along with CJO organizers, we sponsored 70 children to go Christmas shopping at Big C and 50 children for a day trip to Siam Park amusement park in Bangkok.
3. Ban Jing Jai Foundation in Nong Prue (360,000 baht): Continued to provide a monthly stipend for the food costs for 84 orphans.
4. Kharma Foundation in Mae Hong Song (50,000 baht): In a joint project with Ray Matti, we helped build a kindergarten, frog/fish pond and chicken/pig farm and playground equipment in Mae Sariang.
5. Share Love with Friends Project in Nong Prue (259,260 baht): Provided monthly distributions of rice and milk to poor families with disabled children together with the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project (PSKS); we also supply wheelchairs and modifications to motorbikes with sidecars to facilitate family travel and eking out a living.
6. Anti-Trafficking and Child Abuse Center (ATCC) in Nong Prue (33,000 baht): Provided funds for a girls’ bungalow and also sports equipment together with the PSC and TFI.
7. Ban Chang Hospital Food Drops (20,000 baht): Provided school uniforms and assistance to poor children from broken families with PILC.
8. Atidthan Kindergarten School in U-Tapao in Rayong Province (40,000 baht): Provided drinking water system and mattresses in cooperation with PSC and YWCA.
Day Care Centers: (115,360 baht)
Hand to Hand Foundation in Pattaya: Steven Kleeb has benefited this center greatly and continues to do so. Though we have also assisted this project, in the past year we were mostly the conduit for Steven’s donations.
Miscellaneous: (115,700 baht)
1. Fair event shirts (110,700 baht): 369 event shirts were donated to children from our projects at cost.
2. YWCA (5000 baht): Provided for one of their fund-raisers