The golden multi-tiered was built in 1999, with donations raised from government units and people in the province. The construction was aimed at honoring His Majesty the King on the occasion of His 85th birthday anniversary in 2012 and also honoring Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince on the occasions of their respective 81st and 61st birthday anniversaries in 2013.
Apart from the Buddhist canon, the Vajiralongkorn scripture repository also houses a Buddha relic brought in from India in 1978 by an Indian monk who presented the sacred object to the previous abbot of the monastery. The repository is part of the Phra Pariyattitham school to provide general education for monks and novices to learn simultaneously with the Pali canon. Wat Jaeng was built in 1833 and is currently a model monastery for its outstanding development. There are 32 monks and novices in the monastery.