Admiral Surasak Rounroengrom, Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Navy, on Wednesday visited a military operation base in Narathiwat Province, which was raided by Muslim insurgents earlier in the day.
After the visit, Admiral Surasak said that the morale of all officers stationed at the base has not been shaken by the early-hour clash and everyone is ready to continue their duty in the restive region.
The Royal Thai Navy chief stated that while the authorities have begun the manhunt of the other culprits involved in the Wednesday raid, locals can also play their part to capture the suspects by lending all possible cooperation to officers.
He also praised the operation of the navy officers as a success while offering condolences to the families of those whose lives were lost.
Concerning the curfew imposition in the southern border region, Admiral Surasak said that more work remains to be discussed a meeting with all related units on Friday.