A teenage woman was severely injured after fireworks exploded in her hands.
Waraporn Gasan, 19, suffered burns to both hands and bruises to her stomach stemming from the April 21 explosion. She was transported to Banglamung Hospital for treatment.
Jaruwit Thipradab, the 45-year-old owner of the Nongprue home where the accident occurred, said he was unsure how the accident happened, as he was in the front of the house when he heard the explosion in the back. He entered the room to find the family friend crying amidst remnants of a large set of fireworks.
Police were skeptical of the story and planned to investigate further once the victim recovered.