The former prime minister made remarks as he has met with several concerned parties including the five Election Commission members in a bid to put forward his initiatives. He earlier said that the information collected from his meetings will be concluded and proposed to all parties. If accepted, the Democrat Party is ready to contest the upcoming election.
Mr Abhisit held a news conference today to summarise his recent moves, saying that all parties have expressed concern at the current situation and that all approaches used so far have not responded to the country's need.
The Democrat leader said his proposal will answer the needs of the country as lawful political reform is needed, adding that this approach should be accepted and participated in by all parties.
He said that his proposal may not satisfy everyone but the public interest should be adhered to.
"I'm not a middle man, but I am a part of the problem. I would like to announce that if all parties accept my proposal, I will not contest the upcoming election and will not take any political position to prove that I am sincere to work (to solve the crisis)," said Mr Abhisit.
Meanwhile, caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today urged Mr Abhisit not to set up conditions following his announcement.
Ms Yingluck said she is open to listen to Mr Abhisit's proposal without condition and will look forward to hearing it in the next two days.
If the proposal is practical and acceptable, she expressed belief that many parties will be ready to follow.
As anti-government protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban has shunned talks with any parties, Ms Yingluck said Mr Suthep should also listen to Mr Abhisit's proposal, adding that it is time that everyone should talk to each other.
Regarding the new election date set for July 20, Ms Yingluck said several parties may feel eased, as well as her own because "we are returning to an election process."