Hazardous ramshackle wiring endangers life and limb

0
569
A resident points to the spot where a hapless motorcyclist (inset) got entangled in the sagging wires resulting in facial injuries.
A resident points to the spot where a hapless motorcyclist (inset) got entangled in the sagging wires resulting in facial injuries.

Pattaya workers were forced to clean up after a jumble of wires became too much for poles to hold in Naklua.

Engineering Department staffers deployed to Naklua Soi 14 May 10 to fix the hanging telephone, cable-TV and internet lines that had sunk so low a motorcyclist got injured after getting tangled in them.

Local resident Chalermsak Athikannon said the wires repeatedly have been hit by buses, causing many to sag and fall.

Workers tied the wires up high again and pruned nearby trees to prevent branches from tearing them down.