Fire gutted a Pattaya beauty salon, causing 100,000 baht in damage, but no injuries.
Firefighters took about 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze at the 49 Salon in Banglamung. The fire was contained before spreading to neighboring buildings or the rental room above.
The salon itself with a total loss, with all equipment and furnishings destroyed. The owner was not present at the time, and even feared police might think she set the fire herself for insurance reasons. However, police said her fears were unfounded, as the initial investigation pointed to a short-circuit in the building’s electrical box.
The beauty salon is a total loss, but luckily no one was hurt.