A faulty repair job is being blamed for a car fire in Sattahip.
Driver Singhnart Wattanasri, 50, escaped injury in the Jan. 2 accident across from the 700 Rai Market.
The market vendor said he’d taken his car to a repair shop in Bang Saray to fix a leaking gas line. He assumed the repair was complete and the leak had been stopped.
But as he drove home, the lower portion of the engine caught fire. He pulled over and jumped out as smoke and flames engulfed the vehicle. Singhnart suspects the repair shop did shoddy work.
Singhnart Wattanasri (front, right) looks over his burnt out car as others try to console him.